Claire: Spanish for my Future

By Claire Pescheret

I elected to take Spanish 232 because I am attempting to complete a Spanish minor. I have taken Spanish since I was in 5th grade, and have always really enjoyed it; therefore, when coming to college I felt that it would be wise to continue my studies. Thus far, I have really enjoyed my decision. I feel that being able to speak Spanish will be a great skill for my future career.


I want to go in the dental field when I get out of college. My knowledge of Spanish will be very helpful in my communication with future patients, as well as my work in the clinics through dental school. I will be able to treat a greater number of applicants as a result of my additional skill. Being able to speak Spanish will also make me a more competitive applicant for dental school, as well.


I believe that my work in the community at Booker T. Washington Elementary has prepared me in working with the Spanish speaking public. I have been challenged to adapt my classroom learned language to real world situations. I have also been exposed to working with a variety of age groups. Both of these experiences are great practice for my future Spanish speaking with the community.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you posted this, Claire. I hope that other students will read it and realize how important it is to really speak Spanish, not just say that you have a minor in Spanish. Your real-world use of Spanish will count for a lot, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago