Student Reflection: How I decided where to volunteer in the community


by Natalie Bodmer

I wish I would have learned about this course earlier during my college experience because I would have loved to volunteer at all the places offered. The webpage gives a wide variety of different options for choices of where to do the community work part of the class. The webpage also gave a description of what the work would be like for each choice. I found things I liked about each one.

Ultimately, I decided that I wanted to work in a school because of my interest in the education system and learning about the different types of programs that are offered to bilingual students. I decided to participate in the S.O.A.R. program at Booker T. Washington School.

What really grabbed my attention was that this tutoring program offered students one on one help with school work and allowed the tutors to act as mentors. I really liked the idea of forming a bond with a student and hopefully making a difference in their life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago