Liz: Spanish Table Fund Raiser


Today Beth Chasco e-mailed me with an interesting idea. She said that she would like to combine the Spanish conversation table with a community service project. I thought that was a wonderful idea! I think that this would be an interesting way to bring students together for a good cause. Plus I thought that the project she proposed was particularly relevant to the Spanish 232 classes. Beth told me that there is a Hispanic teacher at Leal School that has been trying to get enough money together so that she can buy a house through Habitat for Humanity. She still needs $20,000 to get a house, which may seem like a lot, but any little step we can help her with would be amazing! Beth was thinking that we could have a salsa night or other type of fund raiser to help her. I’m sure it would be very meaningful for those of you that work with the students at Leal. Plus, I know that the students I work with at Central would love to help out other people in our community. I also thought it would be relevant to any Spanish majors or minors and we could even invite the students involved with Habitat for Humanity and any other Latino organizations on campus. If you have any ideas or thoughts on this project please let me know and I will keep you updated on any new information!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago