Liz: Come to the Spansh Conversation Table!


Yesterday I went with my carpool to Central High School only to find that the school was closed! I guess the kids had an extra day off for spring break, but I will go back again to see them tomorrow. Even though I didn’t get to go to Central, I did meet with the Spanish conversation table. It went very well! Since it was our first day meeting, we mostly did introductions and explained our Spanish background and what kinds of things we hoped to get from the conversation table. Everyone was very positive and encouraging of each other. We also talked about ideas for future meetings. For next week we asked the students to think of a cuento they could tell. We were also thinking that we could read news articles in Spanish one week, and even have a game of Scrabble in Spanish (I have the Spanish version of Scrabble at my apartment). I’m excited! If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear from you! We are meeting next Monday at 5 pm in 1128 FLB if you would like to join us. We are always welcome to other students who want to practice Spanish! And if you cannot make it on Monday there are other groups running on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well. I hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago