I have been e-mailing back and forth with Beth Chasco, the Spanish Advisor, and it looks like we will be setting up a Spanish conversation table! I will be running it along with a few other Spanish majors. Our first meeting will be on Monday March 24 at 5 pm. We do not have an exact location yet but I will post something as soon as I know. We are going to try and make it a weekly thing to meet and practice Spanish every Monday night. Each week there will be a topic or some sort of activity to do in Spanish. It’s the perfect thing if you just came back from a study abroad trip and you don’t want to lose your level of fluency. It’s also good practice for people who haven’t been abroad but still want to improve their Spanish. So if you want to, please come! I would love to see you all there and don’t hesitate to bring any Spanish speaking friends!

I would also like to add that tomorrow from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. the students of Champaign Central High School are putting on an international fair. Tickets are 5 dollars at the door. Many of the students in my ESL class have made posters with pictures and facts about their native countries. I know some of the students even said they are going to cook! The picture I have here is from a traditional Ecuadorian restaurant. I don’t think they will have Ecuadorian food but I know they will have other booths from Latin America as well as many Asian countries. So if you would like to come and see it, the students from our community partner would really appreciate the support!

Comments

  1. Excellent idea about the Spanish table! I´d like to attend sometime!

    :) Good luck with the fair as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago