Student Reflection

by April Nwatah



¡Hola a todos!

Some of you may remember me from my blog posts from last school year but for those of you who don’t, my name is April and I’m a senior (yikes!) in Global Studies. Within the Global Studies major my concentration is “Social Work in Latino Communities”. I have been studying Spanish since the 7th grade but I did not get a solid grasp of it until I studied abroad in Ecuador during my sophomore year. In addition to a semester in Ecuador, I spend last summer in Honduras doing missions work (and am looking forward to doing it again this summer!)

I really enjoyed taking SPAN 232 so I worked this class into my Major Plan of Study and made sure to work my schedule around taking SPAN 332 this semester (it was that serious to me!) From being in this class, I look forward to expanding my Spanish vocabulary to be able to discuss terms that I can use in a professional field (since I would eventually like to do social work in a Latino community). Additionally, I look forward to serving the Latino community of Champaign-Urbana however possible.

Until next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago