Facebook in my Spanish Community Service Learning Classes

by Ann Abbott


This semester I have really felt reinvigorated in my teaching. I have always loved doing community service learning in both "Spanish in the Community" and in my Spanish and social entrepreneurship courses. I feel a strong personal connection with the Business Spanish course, too.

But I feel like my energy for designing classes and creating activities took a real leap when I began to integrate smart phones (plus iPads and laptops, of course) and social media into almost every class I teach.

For now, I just wanted to share a screen shot of the Facebook page that my students and I use often during class. Soon I will write about how I use it. And, as always, I'd love to hear about ways that you use Facebook and other social media with your students!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago