UIUC: Public Engagement Symposium

by Ann Abbott

Do you recognize any of the spaces presented in this video of Champaign-Urbana? Did you already know the facts it lists? Even though I have lived her for many years, I was still surprised to see the place I thought I know so well be presented in a new way.

I believe that Spanish community service learning (CSL) does the same--it makes you see your community anew.

The director of this video,
Mike Ross, director of the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, will speak at UIUC's Public Engagement Symposium on Wednesday, March 3 from 3:00-7:00 at the I-Hotel.

Although my students won't be presenting a poster at this year's symposium, there are several posters that feature CSL activities on our campus.

I hope to see you there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago