Champaign-Urbana: Immediate Volunteer Opportunity

I just received the e-mail below. If I were in town, I would go myself. But I can't. If you can help, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly.

"Earlier this week Champaign County Nursing Home admitted a 62 year old male for therapies and medical management post hospitalization. This gentleman’s primary language is Spanish. His dysphasia keeps him from communicating with our speech language therapists as we do not have anyone on staff who is fluent in Spanish. As the Volunteer Coordinator I am seeking a person who would be willing to volunteer 30 minutes during the day on week days to help us work with this person. A knowledge of Spanish as it might apply to medical situations would be helpful. If you know of anyone who might be able to assist us with this, please contact me.

"Sincerely,
Jim Hronek, Volunteer Coordinator
Champaign County Nursing Home
500 S. Art Bartell Rd.
Urbana, IL 61802
217-693-5016"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago