Champaign-Urbana: Translate at Parent-Teacher Conferences

by Ann Abbott

I just received a message from Ms. Michelle Schmikler from Central High School letting me know about their upcoming parent-teacher conferences and asking if students could help again. We have had great success in past semesters with our students helping at this very important event. Students have told me that it is eye-opening to see the parents' view-point and fulfilling to be able to help teachers and parents build strong ties in order to aid the students.

Read Ms. Schmikler's message and follow the links below to see what former students have said about translating at parent-teacher conferences.

"Our parent teacher conferences are coming up at the end of this month and I was wondering if you could get the word out that we are looking for Spanish translators?

"Conferences are on Thursday, Oct 29 from 5 pm till 8 pm and Friday, Oct 30 from 8 am till noon.

"If you have anyone interested, they can email me at shmiklmi@champaignschools.org.

"Thanks again for all your help!

"Michelle Shmikler
"Associate Principal's Secretary
"Central High School
"351-3915"

Click here to see very useful information from past semesters and students who have participated at these events in the past.

Comments

  1. Hi Ann!

    I volunteered at the parent-teacher conferences last Thursday, and I had a lot of fun! I was really nervous, but it turned out well. Thanks for posting about this opportunity - I think I'm going to help out there again next semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, Amanda. Que tal? It's so nice to hear from you. I hope this year is going well. (I always enjoyed hearing your comments in class.) Thanks so much for helping out our community partners. Keep in touch. :)
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago