Student Reflection: Gotta Get There


by Megan Knight

Because I live in Champaign and decided to volunteer at Leal Elementary School in Urbana, and because I do not own a car (a tragedy I know! Try explaining that to my parents!), I will be relying on the CUMTD to get me to the school. I’ve always been a stickler for being on time, and I’ve never enjoyed having to rely on others to take me places, so it’s a bit of a challenge for me to be at the mercy of the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District. It is nice to finally have an excuse to venture over into Urbana since I don’t usually spend much time there aside from when I’m in class. I really like the neighborhoods and the houses with all the trees and bushes surrounding them. I also really like that Leal appears to be in a pretty nice part of town and I feel safe walking around by myself there. Although it is somewhat of a hassle to have to wait for the bus and then walk about five blocks from the bus stop to the school, I think it’s good to take advantage of the free public transportation and have an opportunity to step out of my normal every day boundaries for once.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago