Student Reflection: 10 Things I Learned From Span 332


by Megan Knight

*The best classes are the ones where you get to know all of your classmates’ names.

*Setting deadlines is a lot easier than meeting them.

*Tutoring elementary school kids requires a lot of patience and energy…and hand sanitizer.

*It pays to step out of your comfort zone.

*Volunteering is a really rewarding experience.

*You always have opportunities; it just depends on how you look at the situation.

*Working in a group not only means getting work done easier but also getting to know people better.

*Entrepreneurial skills are invaluable in today’s society.

*If you start something, you need to finish it.

*If you’re REALLY lucky, your teacher will buy you Jimmy Johns (thanks Ann!!)

I really learned a lot from my experiences this semester in Span 332. I feel like I now have a better grasp on my strengths and weaknesses and what I like and do not like. This class was really interesting and fun, and I always enjoyed going to it. Volunteering is such a necessity, and I am so happy that there are classes at U of I that promote it. For all of you trying to decide on a Spanish class to take next semester, I highly suggest taking Span 232 and 332. You will be amazed by the things you learn that are not from the textbook (although you do learn a lot from the book)! Thanks for a great semester!

Comments

  1. One thing I know:
    When you have great students (like you!), teaching is an absolute joy.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago