Student Reflections: Fiona Iriarte

by Fiona Iriarte


Introduction: Who should consider Span 202?


My name is Fiona and I am a sophomore pursuing a dual degree in Finance and International Business, and a minor in Spanish. I am currently enrolled in Spanish for Business (Span 202) with Dr. Abbott, which I am so happy I decided to take for a number of reasons.

The International Business Management major requires that students take an elective course relating to the study of the economy, politics, or sociology of a specific country or region. Spanish for Business is preapproved as one of these elective courses, and since I am minoring in Spanish, I thought it would be a perfect match for my specific plan of study. I would definitely recommend Spanish for Business to any International Business majors who are also minoring in Spanish, plan on studying abroad in a Spanish speaking country, or who are just interested in learning more about the culture of the business world in Spanish-speaking countries around the world. It is a great class to take for students who want to improve their conversational Spanish, or want to learn relevant business vocabulary to increase their “Business Spanish” speaking abilities.


I would also recommend Spanish for Business to Spanish majors or minors, because the cultural themes and vocabulary discussed in this course are not typically taught in other courses. Spanish for Business is also unique because it gives students the opportunity to work on a volunteer project within the University of Illinois community, and apply their Spanish-speaking abilities in an assignment outside of the classroom. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago