Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Positive Student Feedback about Spanish Community Service Learning

by Ann Abbott

Just wanted to share some messages from students.



CSL as motivation for study abroad


Once again, I wanted to say thank you for a great semester! I feel like I learned so much about myself and the community--in a very enjoyable way. I think that Span 232['Spanish in the Community"] is one of the most applicable classes I have taken, and I know I am definitely going to be grateful for this course in the future. 


After speaking with many of my fellow classmates in Span 232, I knew that I definitely wanted to study abroad. I was inspired when my classmates explaining amazing and eye opening studying in a Spanish-speaking country was.



CSL and content that moves students

Y para cambiar temas, le agradezco muchísimo por un semestre magnífico, realmente ha sido la mejor clase de español que yo he tomado en ambas universidades que asistí.  Que especial y conmovedor ha sido, nunca la voy a olvidar.  Le deseo sólo las mejores cosas en su vida y ojalá nos veamos en el futuro cercano!


CSL and the health professions

Ever since I started at Presence with Alejandra, I wanted to tell you how grateful I was. Throughout this semester, I had the unique opportunity of shadowing her during her patient visits, helped translate documents, and get a glimpse of what my Spanish major is really about. I am so fortunate to have been able to take this course with you. You gave us such a great platform to continue our Spanish skills and passion for helping the community. When others asked what class I was taking, I would tell them how unique this course was. It was truly one of the best courses I have taken here and as I get ready to graduate this coming weekend, I am proud to be graduating with my Spanish major as I am reassured that I can continue this work where ever I go. Thank you again for letting us explore the many avenues of community service through Spanish.

CSL in a Business Spanish Course

I just wanted to thank you again for a lovely semester. I really enjoyed class and learned so much about different cultures, marketing, and working as a team- all while perfecting my Spanish abilities.  So thank you for being such a progressive teacher keeping us talking and learning in such innovative ways! 

No comments:

Post a Comment