CU: Volunteer Opportunity at the Latino Youth Conference

Iconic image from La Casa Cultural Latina at UIUC.
by Ann Abbott


I received this e-mail from one of my students informing me of another way for SPAN 232/332 students--or anyone, for that matter--to help in the community, use their Spanish and get their 28 hours.



Hola Profesora Abbott,

One of my co-workers at the Office of Volunteer Programs is helping organize the Latino Youth Conference this Friday and she asked if I would pass this information on to you/our class in hopes of recruiting some volunteers. It would be a great way for volunteers to work with high school students, speak Spanish,and complete more hours without leaving campus!

Here is the link to register:

Latino Youth Conference
Volunteers will lead high school students around campus.
Pre-registration is required. Register at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2WY8X3R.

Thank you for your time and let me know what you think!

Gracias,
Alicia Freter (Span 332)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago