Volunteer Opportunities in Latin America

by Ann Abbott


Our students of Spanish are always interested in international opportunities. They want to build their resume, improve their language skills and feel a part of the culture.

When they ask me if I know of anything in Latin America I usually say, "Go. Ask. Make something happen yourself."

So I wanted to share the information I received from a student from my "Spanish & Entrepreneurship" course last semester:

"I found an organization that I am really excited about! It's called Otra Cosa and I will be volunteering in Huanchaco, Peru for 2.5 months through it."

My student found this opportunity through this website that lists free/low-cost volunteer opportunities in Latin America. I don't know any of these programs, so I cannot vouch for their viability. But it's a good place to begin your research.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago