Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Volunteer Opportunities in Latin America

by Ann Abbott

Our students of Spanish are always interested in international opportunities. They want to build their resume, improve their language skills and feel a part of the culture.

When they ask me if I know of anything in Latin America I usually say, "Go. Ask. Make something happen yourself."

So I wanted to share the information I received from a student from my "Spanish & Entrepreneurship" course last semester:

"I found an organization that I am really excited about! It's called Otra Cosa and I will be volunteering in Huanchaco, Peru for 2.5 months through it."

My student found this opportunity through this website that lists free/low-cost volunteer opportunities in Latin America. I don't know any of these programs, so I cannot vouch for their viability. But it's a good place to begin your research.

No comments:

Post a Comment