Student Spotlight: Boris Pilev

by Ann Abbott

It was such a delight to get to know Boris Pilev when he was at Illinois and in my classes. He was such a warm, funny, friendly and smart guy who had a unique perspective on the world because he was originally from Bulgaria.

So when I opened my email and saw this item from my LinkedIn feed, I was just delighted. Please read to see how Boris did a unique combination of majors/minors and after graduation followed a path that led him to a position at Google that a lot of Spanish students would love to have. And, of course, see how he (and Google!) contributes to the Latino community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago