What I carry to class. by Ann Abbott I'm not afraid to admit that I use a textbook in my Spanish for Business course ( Éxito comercial ). Sure, I wish it was less expensive, but I think that it offers students--and me--a lot of value: he information they have compiled and presented in coherent ways, the vocabulary they have distilled and defined, the audio exercises, video exercises, short case studies, maps, charts and so much more. Although I know the students will probably sell the book at the end of the course, I wish they wouldn't. I wish that they would keep it as a resource. That when they get jobs they will look up information about the countries where their company does business. That they'll reflect on the cultural information and strategies the book presents. But in the meantime, all I know for sure is that I have three 50-minute class sessions with them each week. I try to make those count. Here's what I did today. It's all based on the ...
Comments
Post a Comment