Blogging about Spanish Community Service Learning, Social Entrepreneurship and Business Spanish

by Ann Abbott


Somehow I took a longer vacation from blogging than I intended. I missed blogging!

We're already at the mid-point of the Fall 2011 semester, and I will begin my blogging routine again. As usual, I will cover the following topics. But if there is anything you would like to see me cover that is not listed, please let me know! Furthermore, if you or your students would like to be guest contributors to this blog, I would be delighted to highlight your experiences and perspectives. But here is what you can expect from me:

  • Highlights from conferences I attend.
  • Reviews about articles and books that focus on Spanish or foreign language community service learning (CSL).
  • Reflective posts from my honors students who are doing CSL.
  • Lesson plans and classroom activities that I use with my own students. (Many are tied to Comunidades: Más allá del aula.)
  • Profiles of former students who are doing interesting things in their professional lives and with languages and cultures.
  • Updates to the running Spanish CSL bibliography. (Please add to the list if I have missed something!)
  • Local (Champaign-Urbana) opportunities for students and others to use their Spanish to help in the community.
  • Information about events that highlight issues of concern to local Latinos and Spanish-speaking immigrants everywhere.
I hope to hear from you in the comments, in person, on Facebook or Twitter (though I must confess that I'm as behind on tweeting as I am on blogging).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago