Youth Entrepreneurship


by Ann Abbott

Carolina Kloecker is interning at ACCION Chicago this summer, and she forwarded me this great clip of a young woman from Chicago and her entrepreneurial endeavor. I think it's a great example of how young people can build a business out of their passion. (In other words, find your passion first; then build a business around it.) I also love the fact that it shows a person of color building something great and being recognized for it.

Finding local angles on the topics that we teach is really important. That's one of the reasons that I like to use The Enterprising Kitchen as an example of social entrepreneurship in my classes. Many of my students read about TEK and say, "I know that neighborhood!"

This video was on ChicagoBusiness.com, and in the future I will look her for stories that exemplify the entrepreneurial concepts that I teach in my class. The section with videos is especially rich with profiles, interviews and stories that students would enjoy and learn from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago