Some Students Continue to Learn and Serve in the Community Even afterthe Course

My workspace at the university. I was sitting here when I read my former student's e-mail message.
by Ann Abbott

This is the kind of message that every community service learning instructor loves to receive--and that every community partner loves to be a part of:


"I also want you to know that I have continued tovolunteer at Garden Hills this semester with the teacher I met throughvolunteering for your class last semester :) It truly has made a lasting impact on me. 
"I hope all is well with you and SPAN 232 this semester."
***Update***
Even some students who drop the course intend to continue with their commitment in the community. I received this e-mail today: 
"Due to my course requirements, I unfortunately had to drop the class. :( 
I will still continue volunteering at SOAR for the rest of the semester (and hopefully next semester too for that matter) but I will miss our class greatly!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago