Social Entrepreneurship in Higher Education Events


by Ann Abbott


I received an e-mail about ThinkImpact's upcoming event--The Huddle --where educators will work together in teams to come up with ways to increase/enhance social entrepreneurship education with experiential education. (The video above describes ThinkImpact's work.)


That is precisely what I do. My course on "Spanish & Entrepreneurship" combines content about social entrepreneurship with service learning. It is a powerful combination, and I hope that a lot of great ideas and momentum come out of The Huddle.


I asked Brittany Koteles, my former student and social entrepreneurship player extraordinaire--if she was going to the Huddle. She knew all about it, but it sounds like she won't make it. She did encourage me to attend the AshokaU Exchange in February. I think I will start to put together an abstract now. I've always wanted to do a TED-style presentation. (I also really want to put together a Ted Ed video sometime soon; see the video for an example.)


Brittany is in Washington, D. C. right now, working on the AshokaU Influencer event. 


I began teaching social entrepreneurship in 2006, when few people had even heard of it. It is exciting to see all the growth in higher education's attention to social entrepreneurship.

Comments

  1. Social Entrepreneurship is a process by which citizens build or transform institutions to advance solutions to social problems, such as poverty, illiteracy, environmental destruction, human rights abuses and corruption, in order to make life better for many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago