Thursday, January 26, 2012

Framing Community Service Learning through a Business Lens

by Ann Abbott

These are all things I do in my courses. In part, I teach this way because I keep up on pedagogical advances. But in part, I teach this way because this is simply how I like to do things. I can't imagine teaching concepts without the community context. I can't imagine teaching about immigration myths and facts without sending students to websites that have data for them to analyze. I can't imagine not asking my students to put that information in a poster and present it at a poster session on campus. I can't imagine asking my students to do a "fake" marketing activity instead of asking my friends with businesses what information they truly need from my students. Etc.

How do you implement the video's concepts in your teaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment