Champaign-Urbana: Donate a Toy



by Ann Abbott

Want to help all children in the local community to have a holiday present, but you don't have time to volunteer? Next time you're out shopping, pick up a toy that you can donate to the University of Illinois' Office of Volunteer Program's (OVP's) Holiday Toy Drive.

With my broken foot, I won't be able to do much shopping. I'm going to contact Debbie Sim, the organizer, to see if I can send some money. If you can give in any way, contact Debbie or go to their Facebook event for more information.

Here is more information from Debbie:

"This year OVP is hosting the annual Holiday Toy Drive from November 11 to December 9. All the toys will be given to underprivileged children in the local community.

"Last year there was an extreme shortage in toy donations, and there were a lot of children we were unable to give gifts to. Working at OVP and working directly with community agencies I have really come to understand the impact the University students and staff can make in Champaign-Urbana. I am optimistic that this year we will be able to fulfill all the wish lists!

"All the toys must be dropped off in the Office of Volunteer Programs Office, 288 Illini Union by December 9. I will be the main contact so feel free to contact me with any questions. You can email me at ovp@illinois.edu. Please forward this email onto your fellow colleagues, students, and individuals who might be interested in getting involved. Also, I attached a Holiday Toy Drive flyer.

"Thank You!

"Sincerely,

"Debbie Sim
Illini Union Office of Volunteer Programs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
288 Illini Union
Phone: 217-333-7424
E-mail: ovp@uiuc.edu
Web: http://www.union.uiuc.edu/ovp/"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago