Student Spotlight: Tim Peters


by Ann Abbott

I met Tim Peters when we went on the same trip to China in the summer of 2006 with the Academy for Entrepreneurial Leadership. Tim was there to do a documentary with two other undergrads, and I was there to learn more about Chinese entrepreneurial education programs and participate in a symposium on social entrpreneurship.

Now Tim is in Argentina on a Fullbright. I've been following his journey through his Facebook updates and pictures, and now he just e-mailed me to tell me this terrific news:

"Hey, just wanted to let you know that my Fulbright side project to write for a local magazine has started bearing fruit. They let me write the cover story on recent protests at the local Paraná Wal-Mart...I covered that and did a comparison with interesting WM criticisms in the U.S!"

(I think the article is easiest to read if you click on "Full Screen.")

Congratulations, Tim! It's great to see your work and to understand more fully what Wal-Mart represents in Latin America. I look forward to seeing more of your stories and photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago