Introducing Student Blogger, Chris Karacic


Hi, my name is Chris Karacic and I am a student in Spanish 232- Spanish in the Community. I will be blogging on this website as part of a James Scholar project. I enrolled in Spanish 232 because I wanted a chance to work with native speakers. I figured that I could only improve my vocabulary, accent, and conversation skills by working outside of the classroom. So far this course has been extremely helpful- I believe that I am speaking more confidently and with a better understanding of the words that native speakers typically use. In addition, I enjoy helping others and I am able to do so at the Refugee Center. I have worked at the Refugee Center three times already and each time I was given a different task in trying to help the immigrants and naturalized citizens of Champaign-Urbana. Even during the rare occasions where nobody was at the center, I improved my Spanish by reading newspapers from the Hispanic community. All in all, I hope to show others that Spanish 232 is an interesting and helpful class. I will be writing about my experiences at the Refugee Center about two times every week for the rest of the semester.

Above is a picture of me in front of the Refugee Center

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vocabulary for Parent-Teacher Conferences

How to Correctly File Hispanic Names

Interview with Jessica Horn of ACCIÓN Chicago